The Responsibility Of The President
At the bare minimum, the President must accomplish the following:
- Coordinate with the Student Chapter Faculty Advisor regarding the progress of the Student Chapter.
- Coordinate and communicate with professionals, administrators, student members, and between officers
- Assign projects and tasks to officers
- Ensure that all projects meet deadlines and are within the allocated budget restrictions.
- Ensure officers perform designated duties. In the event that an officer does not perform the duties assigned to them, he or she must find a successor.
- Ensure officers have the necessary information to accomplished assigned tasks and projects
- Provide resources and guidance on all matters concerning the Student Chapter.
The Responsibility Of The Vice President
At the bare minimum, the Vice President must accomplish the following:
- Facilitates the President in his or her duties
- Ensures communication between the President and the Faulty Advisor
- Ensures communication between the President and professionals, administrators, student members, and officers
The Responsibility Of The Secretary
At the bare minimum, the Secretary must accomplish the following:
- Write the Annual Report and submits it to President for approval
- Take meeting minutes
- Set up General Club meeting hours
- Set up General Club meeting rooms with Student Government
- Actively documents the progress of the Student Chapter through photography and documentation
- Actively documents the number of Student Members, Member Registration, N Numbers, and National Member Numbers.
- Actively documents Reward Points for attending Southeast Student Conference
- Actively compiles a list of Southeast Regional Conference Attendees, Conference Lodging details, Conference Transportation details.
The Responsibility Of The Treasurer
- Manage American Society of Civil Engineers Club Funds
- Collect Membership dues, Conference dues, and any such dues that may arise.
- Communicate and report on the status of Club funds through the monthly documentation of Club Funds.
- Archiving the monthly spending of Club Funds.
- Communicate with the Faculty Advisor regarding the monthly spending of Club Funds.
- Responsible for ordering food and beverages when applicable for General Club Meetings or Guest Speaker Presentations.